Updates



Warning this is long....So here is the scoop, so far anyway...so I had my treadmill test today. Let's just say that the treadmill part wasn't very good to say the least. I had a resting heart rate of 93. Just getting up to walk to the treadmill my heart rate went from 93 to 102. Then in about a period of 30-60 seconds on the treadmill walking slow my heart rate jumped to 150. I then started feeling irregular heartbeats. Then I was starting to get short of breath but before I could say anything she decided to end the test. I was on there maybe 4 minutes if even that. I was soo distraught especially going in there feeling great. Then she had me lay down and once on my back I really lost my breath I was still breathing but could feel a huge difference. I would have preferred standing I felt better that way honestly I should have laid on my side it took only about 2 minutes is all to get it back to where it was at 93 bpm. She found that extremely interesting (this is the technician) so then I see the Dr. it took her so long to get in there I had mulled over things in my head and was emotional once I started talking. When I get emotional I tend to babble and not get out what I want to say. I tried to stay composed but it really hard when things don't appear to be going the way I had hoped...so pause for a commercial break...


Okay back from break...(kids just go to sleep already!)

Soo....as all of you know I feel very strongly about having another baby. I won't go into details because it is personal and although I don't really mind sharing it is lengthy and this is long enough already. So to make things simple I just poured my heart out to Dr. Ivey explaining about wanting another pregnancy and felt like everything was against me. People think I am crazy for even thinking about it. And I am quite frustrated with how things are right now I should be better not worse and in some areas I am better than before surgery and in other areas worse. I sometimes really wish I hadn't have had the maze surgery done. But what is done is done.

So anyway...to make a longer story shorter. She got all serious and then as I thought she was about to tell me to give up on having more children what came out of her mouth was a shock to me. She basically said this...

- Just because you are having arrythmia's doesn't mean you can't have another baby. She went on to say that what I am experiencing is NOT life threatening and that she would like to put me on something that is safe for pregnancy but that what I have is just more annoying than anything for me and that she would just like me to be able to exercise without feeling the way I did today. (I AGREE!!!) So she went to see about the medication (and make sure it safe for pregnancy) and she came back in with what I would have thought was a not so good look on her face) but she actually said that after talking with the EP that they felt it was better to NOT be on any medication during conception/first trimester and then at that point treat the arrythmia's if necessary.

Okay...another commercial break (deleted picture would no longer load)

Just for the record I don't drink coke but thought it would make a fine commercial. Why won't my son go to bed!Sigh...

Okay...so here is a story I need to say before I tell you the rest. The other night as I tend to think too much but I have felt for some time something else is not right that may be causing this. Thyroid was brought up with my friend Amy as we were talking at Women's conference and also with someone else later can't remember so I had brought that up to her and she ordered blood tests to see if it might be an overactive thyroid. But then I think it was Friday or Saturday or maybe even Sunday night I don't remember which I was thinking about the symptoms I was having. One where I had been describing it as if someone was stealing a breath from me. Well, all of a sudden it came to me another way...I felt like I would stop breathing for a second and then I would remind myself to breath and then I felt better. This has only been happening since surgery but went away until about 4 weeks ago'ish. So Nathan and I knelt to pray one night and the thought just hit me! Sleep Apnea! So after we prayed I got up in more thought and Nathan asked what was on my mind. I explained and then decided to go research sleep apnea. Sure enough it can cause arrythmia's my Dad was diagnosed with it a few years ago but my Mom had been suspicious of it for some time. My Mom was undergoing a sleep study as well just recently prior to her stroke they had to cancel it because of her stroke. So...back about 6 years ago or 7 now when I saw my first cardiologist here they asked me about some "sleep questions" Nathan was at that appointment and the Dr. had asked him if he ever noticed if I stopped breathing while I was sleeping and Nathan said yes to my surprise and said it actually freaked him out the first few times it happened. (I had no idea) well it never went further than that they never had me do a sleep study.

So I asked Dr. Ivey what she thought. She asked me a few questions and said, YEP! that could be an issue you need to get evaluated! So I see my PCP in January (soonest I could get in) and hopefully get a referral for a sleep study. As if I have sleep apnea that could be causing arrythmia's. So she gave me a prescription if I want to take it for a while and then come off later just prior to trying to get pregnant. Or she said if we want to proceed that direction right now then just don't take it yet it isn't life threatening. So I almost want to see if it is caused by sleep apnea. My blood work for thyroid and magnesium etc...all came back normal if I didn't say that already. So if I don't have sleep apnea then it is just a screwy heart issue I guess.

Anyway I am done rambling and I have a movie to watch for my class. Sigh...So off to watch "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!