Randomoniums of Ruth
So I was talking today on the phone with my friend Tara (she is also the Relief Society President in our ward) and we were discussing some particulars with my calling. (I am the Compassionate Service Leader so I work under her direction) anyway, I was expressing to her how I feel I have grown a lot in my calling. When I first received this calling we walked out of the Bishop's office and Nathan started laughing hysterically. (okay we were in the car) but I am soooo not a people person. I don't make phone calls well AT ALL! and this calling has required that of me. ALOT! Funny thing it has not been as difficult and/or as scary as I thought it might be and have literally LOVED being in this calling. But anyway it got me thinking...I am a theatre nut! I love theatre, acting, singing, being someone else on stage and it dawned on me that most people look at Drama people as loud, obnoxious and completely unafraid of the "spot light" and I am sooo not that kind of person. I am actually quite reserved and not a big group gathering type of person (even with family). So I started wondering today after talking to Tara and started to self reflect upon myself and my personality. And then I thought to myself I wonder what people have thought of me on a first impression and then what they thought after really getting to know me (or better anyway) Wouldn't you want to know that? Maybe not....I mean really I am not the self conscience type of individual either whatever people think, is just what people think and well....that's just that.
It also got me thinking to an experience when I first got to college and I decided to audition after much prodding from my overly boisterous fellow drama queen roommate Cynthia and I amazingly got cast in the chorus of Babes in Toyland. But I remember at a cast party a girl and I sat and got talking and then later she told me that she had thought I was this stuck up drama "queen" who thought I was "all that and a bag of chips." up until we "bonded at that cast party. When really I was just shy. We got a good chuckle out of that. LOL!
So just curious...if you care to comment...what did you think of me on your first impression compared to now? Common! Be honest. I am just really curious.
It also got me thinking to an experience when I first got to college and I decided to audition after much prodding from my overly boisterous fellow drama queen roommate Cynthia and I amazingly got cast in the chorus of Babes in Toyland. But I remember at a cast party a girl and I sat and got talking and then later she told me that she had thought I was this stuck up drama "queen" who thought I was "all that and a bag of chips." up until we "bonded at that cast party. When really I was just shy. We got a good chuckle out of that. LOL!
So just curious...if you care to comment...what did you think of me on your first impression compared to now? Common! Be honest. I am just really curious.