Pigeons
So I didn't tell you that on Tuesday I hit and killed a pigeon! It isn't exactly a fun form of entertainment although Nathan has on several occasions tried to speed up to hit one. I always thought he was joking but after the same response time and again I think he actually finds enjoyment in trying to hit them. Well, now that I have actually hit and killed one I have to say I had no joy in it at ALL! I haven't told him yet either and when I do I think he may take me to dinner to celebrate. LOL! So pigeons are dirty! Nathan spent an entire summer trying to get them from nesting on our roof and was about to call his brother to bring his pellet gun down to get rid of them when he finally succeeded in closing up the nesting area on our roof.
He complains they are stupid birds and well, I guess I have to give him that one mostly right as on Tuesday I was driving down the right hand lane and what appeared to be what I thought was a large boot in the street as I came up it wasn't one but two pigeons right in the middle of my lane. I didn't have time to merge or stop in time. First of all I had three cars all on the left side of me. The sidewalk was on my right so my decisions were as follows.
Swerve to the left and hit a car in the left lane.
Swerve to the right and hit at least one or both birds and possibly the curb and or find myself on the sidewalk.
Keep going straight and go over them hoping I miss both birds.
Well, I of course didn't want to hit another car for sure and I really hoped I could go over the top of them and not hit either one of them but NOPE! I felt the bump under my back tire (so at least I almost made it. But I looked in my rear view mirror and feathers were all over the place. I feel bad for the car behind me. I don't think he had a clue there were two birds in the street. He may have hit the other one. But before he went over it I did see that the other bird was still pecking away at whatever was on the ground in the middle of that lane.
I did see a smart pigeon the other day or at least semi-smart. So I was making a left hand turn and as I was turning a pigeon was walking across the street (on the cross walk) and was in the middle about to cross into my lane and at that point he I was able to go around him but was thinking to myself that pigeon is going to die. As I finished the turn the light turned green and the cars started coming and as I looked in my rear view mirror he turned and headed back to the middle where the island was and just stood there, while the cars went. I think he actually survived but I don't know for sure. LOL!
But the question I have in my head is....
Why was the pigeon walking across the street and on the cross walk no less and why didn't he just fly? So frankly, maybe he was injured and if he was injured then Nathan's theory proves correct because at some point he was stupid enough to get injured.
Sigh....well there are my thoughts for tonight.
He complains they are stupid birds and well, I guess I have to give him that one mostly right as on Tuesday I was driving down the right hand lane and what appeared to be what I thought was a large boot in the street as I came up it wasn't one but two pigeons right in the middle of my lane. I didn't have time to merge or stop in time. First of all I had three cars all on the left side of me. The sidewalk was on my right so my decisions were as follows.
Swerve to the left and hit a car in the left lane.
Swerve to the right and hit at least one or both birds and possibly the curb and or find myself on the sidewalk.
Keep going straight and go over them hoping I miss both birds.
Well, I of course didn't want to hit another car for sure and I really hoped I could go over the top of them and not hit either one of them but NOPE! I felt the bump under my back tire (so at least I almost made it. But I looked in my rear view mirror and feathers were all over the place. I feel bad for the car behind me. I don't think he had a clue there were two birds in the street. He may have hit the other one. But before he went over it I did see that the other bird was still pecking away at whatever was on the ground in the middle of that lane.
I did see a smart pigeon the other day or at least semi-smart. So I was making a left hand turn and as I was turning a pigeon was walking across the street (on the cross walk) and was in the middle about to cross into my lane and at that point he I was able to go around him but was thinking to myself that pigeon is going to die. As I finished the turn the light turned green and the cars started coming and as I looked in my rear view mirror he turned and headed back to the middle where the island was and just stood there, while the cars went. I think he actually survived but I don't know for sure. LOL!
But the question I have in my head is....
Why was the pigeon walking across the street and on the cross walk no less and why didn't he just fly? So frankly, maybe he was injured and if he was injured then Nathan's theory proves correct because at some point he was stupid enough to get injured.
Sigh....well there are my thoughts for tonight.