Like a brick thrown at your head!
So I just taught myself a good lesson today. Kind of embarrassing really. But so Natali was sitting trying to do some homework and Noah was watching over her shoulder and to say the least being a "boy" and accomplishing the task of annoying his sister. So I repeatedly told Noah to leave her alone that she was doing homework, but he was not listening to me at all! So she is screaming at him of course to stop and that he is bothering her and I turn to her and what comes out of my mouth.
"Natali, yelling at him is not going to get him to stop, it is only making things worse."
And then the brick hit me square in the face!
I need to stop raising my voice/and/or yelling when disciplining. Now don't get me wrong it is something I am constantly working on to begin with but wow it just really hit me today how much it makes the situation worse. Okay duh...I knew that but today I saw an example of it from the outside. Gee...well now you all know a fault of mine.
"Natali, yelling at him is not going to get him to stop, it is only making things worse."
And then the brick hit me square in the face!

I need to stop raising my voice/and/or yelling when disciplining. Now don't get me wrong it is something I am constantly working on to begin with but wow it just really hit me today how much it makes the situation worse. Okay duh...I knew that but today I saw an example of it from the outside. Gee...well now you all know a fault of mine.