Here goes nothing!

So I haven't updated since last time. Nathan and I went to the temple Friday night (Thanks Tara) and while there I got a strong impression to start the medication Dr. Ivey prescribed. I of course argued in my head back and forth debating but then I realized and said to my self..." um..Ruth you're in the temple, just do it." So I dropped off the prescription Saturday but the Pharmacy didn't have it in stock and asked if I needed it right away I told them there wasn't a huge rush that it wasn't life threatening or anything so she said the order would go in on Monday and I could pick it up Tuesday late afternoon. Because of how things turned out I couldn't pick it up until yesterday mid morning so I decided to start it today because I take my asprin in the morning and I am use to taking my medication at breakfast so to do it at dinner I would totally forget and that would defeat the purpose, why I waited until this morning.
I feel as if I am being tested to see if I will listen to the spirit (that is a goal of mine since not listening to switch Dr.'s back a few months ago) I wish I had done it when I first had the thought so I am trying hard to just "act" on thoughts or feelings (if good of course could or will come out of it) then why not right? So, I think Heavenly Father is testing me because when I picked up the medication it came in capsule form (my Dr. had instructed me to cut the pill in half and take half of the lowest dose) well I can't exactly split the capsule in half. LOL! I asked if it came in a non capsule and she looked and NOPE! So, either it is Heavenly Father's way of saying I need more than the dose she prescribed or just testing me to see if I will take the pill anyway. LOL!

Now in reality the prompting was obviously because the medication is going to help. I think he knows I am nervous about taking it because I have taken 3 beta blockers in my lifetime all of which did not help but make the situation worse. So, I know he knows I am a bit leary about taking anything especially since the lowest dose on this medication is actually higher than the other beta blockers I have taken. But I really feel I was prompted to take this medication. So I fully expect it to work and to make a difference.

Dr. Ivey wanted me to take only a half of a dose because it will also lower my blood pressure. My blood pressure is already low to begin with. Last week in the office it was 104/70. When it gets under 100 is when I start to get dizzy and lightheaded. And she made it very clear that is not a good thing and she doesn't want that to happen. That being said the pharmacist stated that as my body adjusts to the medication I will probably experience fatigue and dizziness. So I am giving it two weeks to adjust unless it becomes really really bad that I can't function. HOWEVER, the spirit prompted me to take it while I was IN the temple so I truly believe it WILL work.

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!