Health Update
Okay...
So since Dr. Baker told me my holter monitor was not good and put me on Toporol. I just have been agitated to say the least and uneasy about everything. I have to admit I didn't want to think about things or deal with things either. I would just rather ignore it and hope it all goes away. After my last two conversations with Dr. Baker I haven't been extremely impressed by how he reacts to the situation. No actually since I have been seeing him I can't say I am thrilled about his responses to things. (Except when Nathan is there) he acts much differently with Nathan there. But compared to the cardiologist I saw prior to him he is GREAT! So, moving from Dr.'s to Dr.'s to Dr.'s is a lot of work and it makes me feel...um "picky" and "spoiled" to say the least. I hate feeling that way and I hate feeling like "I just want it the way I want it and that's that" because really that is not at all how I feel. I just want my heart to beat normally. If that requires lifelong medication so be it. If it means I have to be done having children. Then so be it. But unfortunately my body does not (as of right now) like beta blockers. He put me on two Atenelol back last August and then Toporol two weeks ago. Both sent my body into things worse than before beginning them. Do I want them to work? HECK YA! I really want them to work if that is how I am going to get a "full" recovery. Most of you all know things have been up and down and honestly mostly UP! So I really am excited about how I have felt since surgery.
I was very happy with my surgeon and cardiologist teams at Cedars Sinai Medical Center that helped with my surgery preparation, surgery and recovery.
So after this all happened , Nathan asked me if I wanted to try and make an appointment with Dr. Makkar (the cardiologist at Cedars) for tomorrow as Nathan is going there for work. So I thought wow I wish Dr. Makkar was here because it is not going to fix things seeing him only once and then it dawned on me that a few months back my Mother in law was dealing with medical and heart issues too and we encouraged her to get a second opinion from Dr. Makkar at Cedars so she called to see about getting in and they got talking and realized they had two Dr.'s that trained there that live and practice here and talk with them on a weekly if not a daily basis. So back then she went and saw Dr. Cadero and when she saw Dr. Cadero I had had a strong impression to switch and go to the other one Dr. Ivey here (she both did her residency and Internship and Fellowship) all at Cedars. But because of the work it is to switch Dr.'s I thought I would just stay at where I was because Dr. Baker is not "bad" in my honest opinion but he isn't great! either (unless you compare him to Anjum). But back then things with me were going really really GOOD! So I felt no reason to switch.
Anyway...so to make a really long story shorter. After cleaning my house from top to bottom on Saturday (that is my thinking time) and then talking and mulling it over with Nathan on our way to the temple Saturday night. I came to conclusion that it was time for the switch.
So this morning I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Ivey next Tuesday. And cancelled my T-Wave test and follow up with Baker. For the first time in a while I have felt peace and I am really really excited about my appointment with her. Now just getting all my medical records together and such for this appointment. I feel absolutely relieved and like I am going in the right direction. Another reason why I have been slow to doing this for those who don't know this you will get a good chuckle. I have had bad experiences with women Dr's and Dr. Ivey is a woman. So it is taking some faith to make this change but yet I have felt the prompting to see her for a couple of months now so it is my fault since I didn't heed the spirit back two months ago.
So here is to some good news and finally finding the medication that will stop all this nonsense. I do believe I will need a medication to fix this problem. It is just a matter of finding that right medication and a Dr. who is understanding when I say this isn't working what else is there. Because unfortunately Dr. Baker was not that way. Granted I would like to have another baby and I would love to do it medication free (with the exception of asprin of course I have to take that regardless) but if I need medication. I need medication. Let's find what works! And hopefully it will be safe during pregnancy too. But if not then that is something I will get over and accept in time and my health right now is the most important. I have three children and a husband I love dearly and I need to be here for them too. So it is one step at a time. Right now baby steps.
I feel that a solution is right around the corner to my issues and I am in awe at how the Lord works in everything. I am learning a lot about faith, listening to the spirit. Not just listening as in hearing but also following the spirit. Thanks everyone for your love and support.
So since Dr. Baker told me my holter monitor was not good and put me on Toporol. I just have been agitated to say the least and uneasy about everything. I have to admit I didn't want to think about things or deal with things either. I would just rather ignore it and hope it all goes away. After my last two conversations with Dr. Baker I haven't been extremely impressed by how he reacts to the situation. No actually since I have been seeing him I can't say I am thrilled about his responses to things. (Except when Nathan is there) he acts much differently with Nathan there. But compared to the cardiologist I saw prior to him he is GREAT! So, moving from Dr.'s to Dr.'s to Dr.'s is a lot of work and it makes me feel...um "picky" and "spoiled" to say the least. I hate feeling that way and I hate feeling like "I just want it the way I want it and that's that" because really that is not at all how I feel. I just want my heart to beat normally. If that requires lifelong medication so be it. If it means I have to be done having children. Then so be it. But unfortunately my body does not (as of right now) like beta blockers. He put me on two Atenelol back last August and then Toporol two weeks ago. Both sent my body into things worse than before beginning them. Do I want them to work? HECK YA! I really want them to work if that is how I am going to get a "full" recovery. Most of you all know things have been up and down and honestly mostly UP! So I really am excited about how I have felt since surgery.
I was very happy with my surgeon and cardiologist teams at Cedars Sinai Medical Center that helped with my surgery preparation, surgery and recovery.
So after this all happened , Nathan asked me if I wanted to try and make an appointment with Dr. Makkar (the cardiologist at Cedars) for tomorrow as Nathan is going there for work. So I thought wow I wish Dr. Makkar was here because it is not going to fix things seeing him only once and then it dawned on me that a few months back my Mother in law was dealing with medical and heart issues too and we encouraged her to get a second opinion from Dr. Makkar at Cedars so she called to see about getting in and they got talking and realized they had two Dr.'s that trained there that live and practice here and talk with them on a weekly if not a daily basis. So back then she went and saw Dr. Cadero and when she saw Dr. Cadero I had had a strong impression to switch and go to the other one Dr. Ivey here (she both did her residency and Internship and Fellowship) all at Cedars. But because of the work it is to switch Dr.'s I thought I would just stay at where I was because Dr. Baker is not "bad" in my honest opinion but he isn't great! either (unless you compare him to Anjum). But back then things with me were going really really GOOD! So I felt no reason to switch.
Anyway...so to make a really long story shorter. After cleaning my house from top to bottom on Saturday (that is my thinking time) and then talking and mulling it over with Nathan on our way to the temple Saturday night. I came to conclusion that it was time for the switch.
So this morning I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Ivey next Tuesday. And cancelled my T-Wave test and follow up with Baker. For the first time in a while I have felt peace and I am really really excited about my appointment with her. Now just getting all my medical records together and such for this appointment. I feel absolutely relieved and like I am going in the right direction. Another reason why I have been slow to doing this for those who don't know this you will get a good chuckle. I have had bad experiences with women Dr's and Dr. Ivey is a woman. So it is taking some faith to make this change but yet I have felt the prompting to see her for a couple of months now so it is my fault since I didn't heed the spirit back two months ago.
So here is to some good news and finally finding the medication that will stop all this nonsense. I do believe I will need a medication to fix this problem. It is just a matter of finding that right medication and a Dr. who is understanding when I say this isn't working what else is there. Because unfortunately Dr. Baker was not that way. Granted I would like to have another baby and I would love to do it medication free (with the exception of asprin of course I have to take that regardless) but if I need medication. I need medication. Let's find what works! And hopefully it will be safe during pregnancy too. But if not then that is something I will get over and accept in time and my health right now is the most important. I have three children and a husband I love dearly and I need to be here for them too. So it is one step at a time. Right now baby steps.
I feel that a solution is right around the corner to my issues and I am in awe at how the Lord works in everything. I am learning a lot about faith, listening to the spirit. Not just listening as in hearing but also following the spirit. Thanks everyone for your love and support.