Dr. Ivey


Okay...so I have a lot I want to blog about and little time so lets start out with what I think everyone wants to know the most about. My Dr.'s appointment with my new Dr. So for those of you who know me and talk to me on a regular basis probably know how I feel about my Obstetrician Dr. Sauter. So...if you know how I feel about him I can honestly say after just one appointment I think I can truly say I think I finally found my Dr. Sauter in Cardiology.
I learned more today about myself and my heart condition than I have ever known before and it made sense and I felt great after talking with her. So what did I learn? I learned that.
1. Dr. Ivey knows her stuff
2. I have a "Syndrome" (and needless to say I can't remember the name if she told it to me but she said it is irrelevant anyway because the mitral valve is fixed and it is just a matter of managing things
3. She described things about my heart and the condition I did not know from her just reading my operative report for Dr. Trento. She explained to me that it was a birth defect yes, but that it was probably NOT caused by being born 6 weeks early. She stated that it was redundant (meaning I actually had too much valve in there and it was crowded causing a prolapse and she described it in terms that I could finally understand. She basically said that when it was prolapsed it basically looked like a huge jellyfish. When Dr. Trento did surgery (I didn't gather this although I have read the report a lot (medical terminology I guess I just didn't understand) but he actually had to cut away more than usual just to make room for the new valve so I would not have a problem later. WOW! I had no idea. I thought it was just weak and faulty and really there was just too much of a good thing. (or a bad thing I guess)LOL!
4. She was planning on putting me on a new medication but with an overview and looking at me and listening to my heart etc...and determining this "syndrome" she decided to consult with an EP(electophysciologist I may have spelt that wrong) in her office to see about doing the T-Wave that Dr. Baker had wanted me to do and also to get his opinion on the medication she was going to put me on. She made it clear to me (and I already knew this) that I was extremely sensitive to medication and that it was NOT all in my head. And that she wanted to start me on a low dose and was going to give me samples because I am so sensitive she wanted to make sure it worked before I went out and bought a prescription of it.
So to make a long story short she came back in empty handed and explained that after talking to the EP he stated because of my condition (syndrome) that a T-Wave would be inconclusive and would not be beneficial. He also said that knowing my condition the medication may actually not be necessary that I have been experiencing this even before surgery but not feeling them and that it is sounding pretty normal so she said that with my "condition" that exercise could actually improve them. She said if exercise it stays the same then I am good! If it gets worse then we should look at medication that will "work" even if we have to try out several kinds.
Soooo............to make a long story even longer! She has

1. Order a blood panel to rule out thyroid and some other things
2. Ordered a stress test to be done October 7th (treadmill)
And then go from there. She said what I am experiencing and what I am telling her that I might very well be better off on no medication whatsoever. (except asprin of course)


Okay so I gotta run. I have kids ya know. Stay tuned for upcoming posts of Noah's first day of school and Nathan's new motivational technique! You should try it it's fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!