100 things about me!
My Sister in law started this and I need to "waste" some time while I try to get my kids to sleep so I thought yeah...this could be fun.
1. Let's start with the obvious. I am a wife to Nathan and a very happy wife. He spoils me rotten what can I say, don't mistake us we have our imperfections but I love be married to him and glad God sent him to me, that he was patient with me while we were dating because he had every right to kick me in the heiney and never forgive me.
2. I am a mother! I love that too! I have three adorable wonderful children. Natali is 5, Noah is 4, and Kathryn is 1 (almost 2) they fill my days with wonder, excitement, smiles, tears, frustrations, laughter but mostly pure joy. I am glad to call them mine.
3. I have a dog, his name is Zeus, he is 3 almost 4. He drives me batty. I call him my triplets, but nonetheless he is a great dog seeing as he lets Kate roll all over him, pull on his tail and ears and he just lays there and takes it. What a good dog!
4. As a child I walked to school 1.9 miles with my siblings at the early age of 6. We were never worried about people kidnapping us, talking to us, being hit by a car or bit by a dog. It was pretty calm. Now as a mother. I am terrified to let my kids walk around the block to school.
5. My favorite childhood memories were playing Daisy from the Dukes of Hazard as we used my Dad's car with the windows rolled down. We also played War in our jungle of our backyard and back alley. IT was quite fun. Those were the days!
6. We had a paper route when we were younger, I don't recall getting paid to do it. I remember Becky getting the pay for it but nonetheless. I remember early mornings and frost bitten toes.
7. We loved to bike down to the Piggly Wiggly for a 25 cent candy bar. 25 CENTS!
8. At the ripe age of 8. I had my first official slumber birthday party. We watched Casper the friendly Ghost, and Harold and the Purple Crayon on an actual movie screen projector that my parents borrowed or rented. Afterward we went out snipe hunting in the backyard. Little did I know what snipe hunting was and the birthday girl got left out in the very quickly getting bitter night while all of her friends were in on the secret in the house getting ready to eat cake. I was totally scarred from that party as I went inside and people were eating cake without ME!
9. At the rate I am going I will be here all night
10. I love to dance
11. I love to sing
12. I play the violin (but not well)
13. I also love to act (musicals are my favorite)
14. I love love love to direct plays
15. I also love to teach!
16. I served a mission to California, Riverside Mission and loved serving valiantly.
17. My brother Leon inspired me on that journey
18. He passed away when I was 8 and although I didn't know him well, I feel closer to him than most of my living siblings. He was very instrumental in my testimony and "conversion" of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thanks Leon! I love you!
19. I had open heart surgery last year. (although it was less invasive it was not fun)
20. I love Red Beans and Rice
21. I love chips and Salsa
22. I love Tapatio hot sauce.
23. In college I was in the play "Babes in Toyland" and I walked out on stage with my blouse unbuttoned. (Long story but luckily I had a tank top underneath although it was HOT pink)
24. My favorite play I was in was at college I was in the musical "Quilters." There is nothing more exciting than playing the oldest sister, a dead Cow, a Windmill, and Man all in one play!
25. My dream role would be Mrs. Hannigan in "Annie"
26. I taught two years of High School theatre at Durango High School in Las Vegas.
27. My favorite play I directed was "Secret Garden"
28. I love the Anne of Green Gables Series and still can't get Nathan to watch it the whole three sets with me.
29. I love the color Red
30. I also love the color Silver
31. Nathan looks hot in black!
32. I liked three guys once upon a time that are all now gay. NO none of them know each other nor will I introduce them.
33. One of them told me while I was on my mission (he was supposedly waiting for me...sigh)
34. Glad he didn't wait he would have been disappointed anyway
35. I am taking a Graduate class right now for Special Education issues. It is just a horribly boring class!
36. I majored in Theatre with a German minor and got my Secondary Teaching Certificate
37. I graduated from Southern Utah University
38. I attended West Jordan High School
39. I attended Joel P. Jensen Middle School
40. I attended Brownell Elementary School
41. I was born in Utah
42. Spent most of my childhood in Nebraska
43. Spent my teenage to adult years in Utah
44. I am spending my married life in Nevada (at least for now)
45. I have always dreamed of owning my own theatre company and name it "The Masque"
46. I have always dreamed of writing a fictional book about a young blind girl. I had a dream about it once and have never forgot it but still haven't managed to write it yet.
47. I have always dreamed of writing inspirational, spiritual uplifting stories and make a book about it.
48. I want to write about my life too. Thinking maybe a combo with #47 could be consolidated.
49. I loathe ironing
50. I also loathe dusting
51. I love cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms
52. I love to organize things although unfortunately not as organized as I would like to be
53. I don't like thinking of things to make for dinner but don't mind cooking it if I have a recipe
54. I am not a great cook. My husband is better
55. I wish I had the money to buy ingredients to make things stunning. (you know the "odd" ingredients people rarely hear of and would have to go to the International market to pick up.)
56. I would love to take up photography but am not disciplined enough to do it.
57. My favorite scripture is Galations 2:20
58. I hope one day to do all of my Geneology.
59. I wish I was better at scrap booking.
60. I am not extremely crafty
61. Although I do like to sew
62. I made all of my children's blessing outfits
63. I once upon a time ate a huge pot of cauliflower in one sitting all by myself. I am talking like 3 heads of cauliflower.
64. I still love cauliflower to this day.
65. I love green olives
66. I can't have Thanksgiving without them as well as Cranberry Sauce (the jellied kind)
67. I love turkey sandwiches with left over mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and green olives
68. I really want to learn how to play the piano
69. I really want another baby although I am sure everyone knows that. I am not shy about it at all!
70. But that looks very slim at this moment in time. I have to be thankful for the three I have
71. I use to and think I still can put my legs behind my head.
72. I have lost 26 pounds since January!
73. I would like to get 8 more pounds to my goal but have been forbidden to do any cardio for the time being so we shall see.
74. I was born on the "memorial" of the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr. and Hyrum Smith's death. (I hope that made sense)
75. When I was born my Mom called my Grandmother and announced to her that she had a Ruth Gunnell. My Grandmother replied and said, "What!? You had a Root Canal?"
76. When I was young, my brother Jerry was watching us kids. I decided to take a shoe polish thingy and take it down the hallway wall. Needless to say I got in trouble although I was trying to fake being asleep.
77. I was always the good "girl" I always took the blame when someone did something wrong because I was sick of all sitting on the bench in our entry way at home until someone would confess. I would have rather taken the punishment. My parents started ignoring me when I was pleading them to punish me.
78. I once got in trouble for supposedly helping my older Sister harbor a fugitive in our attic. I had no idea but we all got in trouble for it.
78. I had a teddy bear when I was a kid that I would change his name anytime I had a new crush on a boy. The teddy bears original name though was Tim. Don't ask me to name the rest. The teddy bear is now gone I had it up until some time in college or else it's name would be Nathan. LOL!
79. I HATE "The Princess Bride" (please no one stone me)
80. I also dislike "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (again don't stone me)
81. Okay total Ruth blonde moment...So Zeus had gotten into the garbage and strewn some unwanted garbage across the floor the required a cleaning. So I pulled out our little green machine and it was out of soap for the rug. I grabbed the blue bottle of what I thought was the rug cleaner (as it is also in a blue bottle. Poured it in and cleaned up the mess. Well, it didn't clean the mess up very well but sure did bleach the carpet. Come to find out it was drain cleaner. Sigh...
82. My very first car that actually ran and I actually drove was a Lincoln Mark VII boat!
83. Once when I was just in Kindergarten. I was very very shy. Someone, a dad I think brought in a Guinea Pig for Kindergarten and we all sat in a circle on the floor and let it run around. I had to pee really bad but was afraid to say something and I pee'd my pants. They blamed it on the Guinea pig when everyone got up to go back to their seats. I still wonder if my teacher ever figured it out it was me. I had to have wet pants and I probably stunk by the end of the day.
84. My husband and I met on a blind date
85. While we were dating I guess in his eyes I cheated on him by going on a second date with another guy that asked me out before he had asked me out on a second date. So I was committed. We broke up Thanksgiving and I went out with Jeremy a second time.
86. He had to the audacity to ask me if Jeremy was "competition" ....well duh!
87. Needless to say Jeremy struck out big time on the second date and Nathan and I somehow "fell" into a more serious relationship.(long story) I am glad it happened that way.
88. I was substitute teaching for a teacher that was killed on one of the flights on 9/11. That was very challenging to say the least.
89. I have a fetish for cold ears, my kids, my dog, my husband. I am weird what can I say.
90. I have always wanted to sky dive. Not so much now with my health and the fact I have kids. But the idea sounds thrilling
91. On that note you couldn't get me to bungy jump for the life of me
92. I love camping and the outdoors as long as it is not raining. Although I love rain itself camping and rain don't mix.
93. I have always wanted to be a Relief Society Teacher (is that nuts?)
94. I love Harrison Ford and always thought I would name one of my boys Harrison. NOPE!
95. I can't say I am fond of Indian Jones though.
96. I have had a migraine headache every day this week. (I think it is medication they have me on)
97. I dream of a huge house with 12 kids. That's not happening either at least any time soon.
98. I long to serve a mission with my husband in our older years
99. I have always wanted to visit Italy. Germany would be cool though too.
100. I love the Price is Right and Nathan finally got me there when I was 31. Just in time for Bob to retire. Bob was waiting just for me ya know? Just kidding. I honestly don't know if I would want to go again now that Bob is gone.
1. Let's start with the obvious. I am a wife to Nathan and a very happy wife. He spoils me rotten what can I say, don't mistake us we have our imperfections but I love be married to him and glad God sent him to me, that he was patient with me while we were dating because he had every right to kick me in the heiney and never forgive me.
2. I am a mother! I love that too! I have three adorable wonderful children. Natali is 5, Noah is 4, and Kathryn is 1 (almost 2) they fill my days with wonder, excitement, smiles, tears, frustrations, laughter but mostly pure joy. I am glad to call them mine.
3. I have a dog, his name is Zeus, he is 3 almost 4. He drives me batty. I call him my triplets, but nonetheless he is a great dog seeing as he lets Kate roll all over him, pull on his tail and ears and he just lays there and takes it. What a good dog!
4. As a child I walked to school 1.9 miles with my siblings at the early age of 6. We were never worried about people kidnapping us, talking to us, being hit by a car or bit by a dog. It was pretty calm. Now as a mother. I am terrified to let my kids walk around the block to school.
5. My favorite childhood memories were playing Daisy from the Dukes of Hazard as we used my Dad's car with the windows rolled down. We also played War in our jungle of our backyard and back alley. IT was quite fun. Those were the days!
6. We had a paper route when we were younger, I don't recall getting paid to do it. I remember Becky getting the pay for it but nonetheless. I remember early mornings and frost bitten toes.
7. We loved to bike down to the Piggly Wiggly for a 25 cent candy bar. 25 CENTS!
8. At the ripe age of 8. I had my first official slumber birthday party. We watched Casper the friendly Ghost, and Harold and the Purple Crayon on an actual movie screen projector that my parents borrowed or rented. Afterward we went out snipe hunting in the backyard. Little did I know what snipe hunting was and the birthday girl got left out in the very quickly getting bitter night while all of her friends were in on the secret in the house getting ready to eat cake. I was totally scarred from that party as I went inside and people were eating cake without ME!
9. At the rate I am going I will be here all night
10. I love to dance
11. I love to sing
12. I play the violin (but not well)
13. I also love to act (musicals are my favorite)
14. I love love love to direct plays
15. I also love to teach!
16. I served a mission to California, Riverside Mission and loved serving valiantly.
17. My brother Leon inspired me on that journey
18. He passed away when I was 8 and although I didn't know him well, I feel closer to him than most of my living siblings. He was very instrumental in my testimony and "conversion" of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thanks Leon! I love you!
19. I had open heart surgery last year. (although it was less invasive it was not fun)
20. I love Red Beans and Rice
21. I love chips and Salsa
22. I love Tapatio hot sauce.
23. In college I was in the play "Babes in Toyland" and I walked out on stage with my blouse unbuttoned. (Long story but luckily I had a tank top underneath although it was HOT pink)
24. My favorite play I was in was at college I was in the musical "Quilters." There is nothing more exciting than playing the oldest sister, a dead Cow, a Windmill, and Man all in one play!
25. My dream role would be Mrs. Hannigan in "Annie"
26. I taught two years of High School theatre at Durango High School in Las Vegas.
27. My favorite play I directed was "Secret Garden"
28. I love the Anne of Green Gables Series and still can't get Nathan to watch it the whole three sets with me.
29. I love the color Red
30. I also love the color Silver
31. Nathan looks hot in black!
32. I liked three guys once upon a time that are all now gay. NO none of them know each other nor will I introduce them.
33. One of them told me while I was on my mission (he was supposedly waiting for me...sigh)
34. Glad he didn't wait he would have been disappointed anyway
35. I am taking a Graduate class right now for Special Education issues. It is just a horribly boring class!
36. I majored in Theatre with a German minor and got my Secondary Teaching Certificate
37. I graduated from Southern Utah University
38. I attended West Jordan High School
39. I attended Joel P. Jensen Middle School
40. I attended Brownell Elementary School
41. I was born in Utah
42. Spent most of my childhood in Nebraska
43. Spent my teenage to adult years in Utah
44. I am spending my married life in Nevada (at least for now)
45. I have always dreamed of owning my own theatre company and name it "The Masque"
46. I have always dreamed of writing a fictional book about a young blind girl. I had a dream about it once and have never forgot it but still haven't managed to write it yet.
47. I have always dreamed of writing inspirational, spiritual uplifting stories and make a book about it.
48. I want to write about my life too. Thinking maybe a combo with #47 could be consolidated.
49. I loathe ironing
50. I also loathe dusting
51. I love cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms
52. I love to organize things although unfortunately not as organized as I would like to be
53. I don't like thinking of things to make for dinner but don't mind cooking it if I have a recipe
54. I am not a great cook. My husband is better
55. I wish I had the money to buy ingredients to make things stunning. (you know the "odd" ingredients people rarely hear of and would have to go to the International market to pick up.)
56. I would love to take up photography but am not disciplined enough to do it.
57. My favorite scripture is Galations 2:20
58. I hope one day to do all of my Geneology.
59. I wish I was better at scrap booking.
60. I am not extremely crafty
61. Although I do like to sew
62. I made all of my children's blessing outfits
63. I once upon a time ate a huge pot of cauliflower in one sitting all by myself. I am talking like 3 heads of cauliflower.
64. I still love cauliflower to this day.
65. I love green olives
66. I can't have Thanksgiving without them as well as Cranberry Sauce (the jellied kind)
67. I love turkey sandwiches with left over mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and green olives
68. I really want to learn how to play the piano
69. I really want another baby although I am sure everyone knows that. I am not shy about it at all!
70. But that looks very slim at this moment in time. I have to be thankful for the three I have
71. I use to and think I still can put my legs behind my head.
72. I have lost 26 pounds since January!
73. I would like to get 8 more pounds to my goal but have been forbidden to do any cardio for the time being so we shall see.
74. I was born on the "memorial" of the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr. and Hyrum Smith's death. (I hope that made sense)
75. When I was born my Mom called my Grandmother and announced to her that she had a Ruth Gunnell. My Grandmother replied and said, "What!? You had a Root Canal?"
76. When I was young, my brother Jerry was watching us kids. I decided to take a shoe polish thingy and take it down the hallway wall. Needless to say I got in trouble although I was trying to fake being asleep.
77. I was always the good "girl" I always took the blame when someone did something wrong because I was sick of all sitting on the bench in our entry way at home until someone would confess. I would have rather taken the punishment. My parents started ignoring me when I was pleading them to punish me.
78. I once got in trouble for supposedly helping my older Sister harbor a fugitive in our attic. I had no idea but we all got in trouble for it.
78. I had a teddy bear when I was a kid that I would change his name anytime I had a new crush on a boy. The teddy bears original name though was Tim. Don't ask me to name the rest. The teddy bear is now gone I had it up until some time in college or else it's name would be Nathan. LOL!
79. I HATE "The Princess Bride" (please no one stone me)
80. I also dislike "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (again don't stone me)
81. Okay total Ruth blonde moment...So Zeus had gotten into the garbage and strewn some unwanted garbage across the floor the required a cleaning. So I pulled out our little green machine and it was out of soap for the rug. I grabbed the blue bottle of what I thought was the rug cleaner (as it is also in a blue bottle. Poured it in and cleaned up the mess. Well, it didn't clean the mess up very well but sure did bleach the carpet. Come to find out it was drain cleaner. Sigh...
82. My very first car that actually ran and I actually drove was a Lincoln Mark VII boat!
83. Once when I was just in Kindergarten. I was very very shy. Someone, a dad I think brought in a Guinea Pig for Kindergarten and we all sat in a circle on the floor and let it run around. I had to pee really bad but was afraid to say something and I pee'd my pants. They blamed it on the Guinea pig when everyone got up to go back to their seats. I still wonder if my teacher ever figured it out it was me. I had to have wet pants and I probably stunk by the end of the day.
84. My husband and I met on a blind date
85. While we were dating I guess in his eyes I cheated on him by going on a second date with another guy that asked me out before he had asked me out on a second date. So I was committed. We broke up Thanksgiving and I went out with Jeremy a second time.
86. He had to the audacity to ask me if Jeremy was "competition" ....well duh!
87. Needless to say Jeremy struck out big time on the second date and Nathan and I somehow "fell" into a more serious relationship.(long story) I am glad it happened that way.
88. I was substitute teaching for a teacher that was killed on one of the flights on 9/11. That was very challenging to say the least.
89. I have a fetish for cold ears, my kids, my dog, my husband. I am weird what can I say.
90. I have always wanted to sky dive. Not so much now with my health and the fact I have kids. But the idea sounds thrilling
91. On that note you couldn't get me to bungy jump for the life of me
92. I love camping and the outdoors as long as it is not raining. Although I love rain itself camping and rain don't mix.
93. I have always wanted to be a Relief Society Teacher (is that nuts?)
94. I love Harrison Ford and always thought I would name one of my boys Harrison. NOPE!
95. I can't say I am fond of Indian Jones though.
96. I have had a migraine headache every day this week. (I think it is medication they have me on)
97. I dream of a huge house with 12 kids. That's not happening either at least any time soon.
98. I long to serve a mission with my husband in our older years
99. I have always wanted to visit Italy. Germany would be cool though too.
100. I love the Price is Right and Nathan finally got me there when I was 31. Just in time for Bob to retire. Bob was waiting just for me ya know? Just kidding. I honestly don't know if I would want to go again now that Bob is gone.