Natali's first day of school


Well, it is no longer Natali's first day of school, it is now Wednesday and my first day back to school this afternoon. Sigh...but I have been a little chaotic the last few days and haven't been able to get my thoughts together to put this up.

Natali of course is LOVING school, I thought I would do just fine dropping her off that first day because I have had her in more than one preschool once at the Rec Center and then one last year that a group of us friends who had kids the same age did a rotation preschool two times a week. But as we rushed to class (a little late) not before the last bell but because I had to stop and get gas it was crazy as she went to go into class without even a kiss for her Mom. I found myself choked up as my friend Cassandra was there taking pictures of her daughter Nicole entering class. And I FORGOT the camera!!! I was so upset..She took pictures for me but I don't have those yet. But she says to me "you look emotional" at that point I just started to cry. She was right! I found out later I was not the only one emotional that day. (thank goodness) I did get a picture of her after school. I could NOT believe I had forgot the camera. Her very first day and I forgot the camera! Ugh!

She told me the kissing hands story about a Racoon like 10 times after school. Then she drew the story and we read it again that night. She gave that to her teacher yesterday. I hope Mrs. Barlow is up for lots of pictures because Natali has drawn her another story today for her. She loved recess and complained that she had to eat Cheez it's for snack but that she didnt' complain at school and ate them anyway...I am sure she did complain she hates Cheez it's but her teacher probably told her it was that or nothing. So then she probably ate them anyway.

Yesterday she went over to play with her friend Livy after school and all she could talk about yesterday was she didn't want to come home from Livy's. But she loved school once again and went on about her homework, and pictures and is just way excited to officially be in school.

It is great though that she is in class with all of her friends from our ward that are zoned for her school that just never happens with track schedules etc...and her teacher is a good friend. We served together in Young Women's back when we were both in the same ward. So it was comforting to be able to send her off to school with someone I trust. We had contemplated homeschooling for a while but realized I just couldn't do it physically or emotionally and keep up and be a good Mom and teacher. So I am happy it has worked out well. I have also noticed she does better with others than her Mom as a teacher.

Well, I will be back to report later about my first day. Nathan gave us all (exception of Kate) a father's/husband's blessing for back to school. Nathan after the blessing said I was going to LOVE this class. So I am hoping so!!! (Special Education class). So anyway...I have to tell you though it was really cute...Nathan was planning on just giving Natali and I a "father's" blessing and after Natali's blessing. Noah pipes up and says, "okay Mom, it's my turn then your turn." Nathan of course could not say No it was just so cute and matter of fact. He blessed him he would be good for me (so I guess that is a plus as he has been a little defiant lately). But we do plan on getting him in a preschool here very soon.


Okay rambling over...I got to get Natali to school now!

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!