My first day of school!
NO pictures for me thank you!
My first day back to school. It has been 8 long years since I have graduated college. Going back is quite intimidating especially when 1. I show up late (luckily I wasn't the last) and 2. While everyone is introducing themselves and ALL of the class is in the Master's Special Education program. And me...well I am just there to renew my teaching license and I am not teaching at all. A Stay at Home Wife and Mom! So I felt a little out of place.
Let me just say I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.........overwhelmed! Okay, UNLV is soo much different from SUU. This teacher does everything by what they call Web campus. I was like what is web campus? She assumed we were all current teachers and graduate students who did there undergrad at UNLV and so thought we should have all been in class with a Syllabus and the handouts, course objectives etc...because that is what in on the web campus site. Sigh...so I had NO clue what was going on luckily I was not the only one confused and lost. There were a lot of people who didn't know what was going on either.
The teacher was unorganized and unprepared for the differing backgrounds of the students. Being a special education instructor I would have thought she would have had all her bases covered for all the different backgrounds of the students. Our first assignment is a checklist of what we do at our school to accommodate special education students at our school. HUH? I don't currently teach...I wasn't the only one and so it was brought to the Professors attention and she is going to do a supplemental assignment for those of us who do not actively teach. But the fact that she just assumed we all teach is a little mind boggling to me.
So I came out of there swimming in circles in my head! Came home and figured out how to register on web campus but now having a hard time pulling up a word document. Help Nathan!
So Nathan said I was going to LOVE this class...so I hope he is right and things change because right now. I feel like a guppy in a pool of sharks.
My first day back to school. It has been 8 long years since I have graduated college. Going back is quite intimidating especially when 1. I show up late (luckily I wasn't the last) and 2. While everyone is introducing themselves and ALL of the class is in the Master's Special Education program. And me...well I am just there to renew my teaching license and I am not teaching at all. A Stay at Home Wife and Mom! So I felt a little out of place.Let me just say I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.........overwhelmed! Okay, UNLV is soo much different from SUU. This teacher does everything by what they call Web campus. I was like what is web campus? She assumed we were all current teachers and graduate students who did there undergrad at UNLV and so thought we should have all been in class with a Syllabus and the handouts, course objectives etc...because that is what in on the web campus site. Sigh...so I had NO clue what was going on luckily I was not the only one confused and lost. There were a lot of people who didn't know what was going on either.
The teacher was unorganized and unprepared for the differing backgrounds of the students. Being a special education instructor I would have thought she would have had all her bases covered for all the different backgrounds of the students. Our first assignment is a checklist of what we do at our school to accommodate special education students at our school. HUH? I don't currently teach...I wasn't the only one and so it was brought to the Professors attention and she is going to do a supplemental assignment for those of us who do not actively teach. But the fact that she just assumed we all teach is a little mind boggling to me.
So I came out of there swimming in circles in my head! Came home and figured out how to register on web campus but now having a hard time pulling up a word document. Help Nathan!
So Nathan said I was going to LOVE this class...so I hope he is right and things change because right now. I feel like a guppy in a pool of sharks.