My extraordinarily amazing husband Nathan!
I saw this on a couple of friends blogs and I wanted to brag about my husband too!
Nathaniel Hug aka Nathan

1. What is his name? Nathaniel Hug - There is a story behind his name...I guess since we are talking about him I can share...First of all his name means gift from God..now I don't know if this is the reason his parents picked his name really but it would make a ton of sense. So his Mom was having issues after his brother Brett was born and they decided they were done at three kids. She was scheduled for a hysterectomy and went to her husband for a blessing. Who was then instructed by the spirit to tell her that she would have another baby (basically saying no hysterectomy) surprising him as well but he said it. That made her angry as she was miserable and after the birth of Brett she really was done because it was very difficult for her (and she has heart issues too for those who don't know) so to make a long story short. She went to her Bishop and asked him for a blessing without him knowing the situation and he too in the blessing stated that she would have another baby. She then later had Nathan (the caboose). His middle name is his Mom's maiden name and she was an only child so to carry on the Hug name it has become a tradition in his family that the Whittacre boys middle name is Hug. He shares his middle name with his older brother Brett, Brett's sons share it as well as our son and any future sons will share the middle name. I hope that our sons plan to carry on the tradition.
2. Who eats more? I have to say me. Sad as that it is, it's true. Since we started dieting though I think it is about equal. But when we "splurge" it is sadly still me.
3. Who said, "I love you" first? He definitely said that first. Although I can't remember if I told him I loved him too at that same time or if I waited and said it later. I do remember though thinking, "I can't believe he just said that when we haven't known each other long at all. That is one strong powerful word. I wonder if he realizes what he just said." I admit I was attracted to him when he said it but I really couldn't say at that time that I "loved" him. But I might have haphazardly said it because he did though.
4. Who is taller? Is there anyone out there who doesn't know this? I am! That was one of the strikes he had against him the first time we met. (he had 5 strikes against him before we even got in the car for our first date by the way.)
5. Who is smarter? Um...what subject? He usually has an answer for most things whereas I don't so I will say him although for the record I "am" intelligent after all look who I married!
6. Who is more sensitive? I win this one...he is pretty sensitive though for a guy!
7. Who does the laundry? I do, he is capable but I'm home so I claim dibs on the laundry. It is the least I can do for him working his butt off so I can be home with the kids.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Let's see he sleeps on the right of me (laying on my back). But standing looking at the bed I sleep on the right so really it depends on your perspective. I would personally say Nathan sleeps on the right from my perspective.
9. Who pays the bills? He does, although I really want to be more involved than I am in that so I asked him just a couple weeks ago if he would walk me through it next month. He gladly welcomed the suggestion. I feel bad that it always comes down to him doing it when I am just as capable so hopefully soon I can say we both do. I want to be to the point that he can say. "Hey, Ruth the water bill is due this week can you pay it for us." Because I am embarrassed to say I really have no clue even though it is on our spreadsheet what bills are due and when and if they are online billing or what.
10. Who cooks more? I do, but we both prefer that he cooked more! LOL! Unfortunately after a hard days work the last thing I want him to be doing is cooking. So I feel like that is another thing I can do for him to have dinner ready or almost ready when he walks through the door. If it needs doctoring up though he is quick to find the chili powder. LOL!
11. Who is more stubborn? Nathan by far. But I am the one who holds a grudge while he lets it fly off his shoulders.
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Both of us, depends on the circumstances and the situation.
13. Who has more siblings? I do, I have 5 brothers and 4 sisters. Nathan has 2 sisters and a brother.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We both do! Although I do tend to wear dresses and skirts too....oh who is the most in charge? We both are...we both have our responsibilities we tend too. However, he is the Priesthood holder so I listen to his counsel and we pray on it together so if you want to look at it that way he is the head of household in that respect.
15. What do you like to do together? make babies...if you know me well you know I had to say that...but really it is the truth! If health wasn't a factor we'd have 12! Let's see what else. We really love to just sit and talk about anything and everything. We also enjoy camping, watching airplanes take off and land, we enjoy when we can, to go to the "theatre" (meaning stage) and watch a good play, same with seeing a movie now and again. We like to do the movie watching though mostly at home, we bring in a movie and cuddle on the couch.
16. Who eats more sweets? I do by far. Although now it is about equal since we started the weight loss venture.
17. Guilty Pleasures? Airplanes, boy that can be an expensive hobby. One airplane at a time honey! If he could fly all day he would be as happy as a clam.
18. How did you meet? On my doorstep. That is what we tell everyone. Blind date to put it simply.
19. Who asked whom out first? Well technically Eden asked me out for him or at least asked if I was willing. But he actually called me to arrange things. So I guess he did.
20. Who kissed who first? Well, I am really not sure how to answer this. He brought it up in conversation and we talked about it first before we both mutually just kissed. It was really quite awkward to be honest. I felt so sorry for him having to kiss me, Miss Inexperienced in any sort of kissing whatsoever. LOL! The second time we kissed though he turned to kiss me first but we were both thinking the same thing. Really he did but in my head I was thinking if he doesn't kiss me I might scream. He must have read my mind because it wasn't but seconds later he turned to kiss me. I really claim that as our "first" kiss. I think the first time was just a fluke incident we would both choose to forget, the timing was just "off".
21. Who proposed? He did! and asked my father for my hand without me knowing. Good for HIM! If I had found out later he hadn't have asked for my hand I would have dumped him. That was really important to me. I guess I am a bit old school.
22. His best features and qualities? Physically I personally just can't get enough of his broad shoulders. Personality qualities his is love for the gospel, his respect for his Priesthood and his self motivation. Honestly though he is just amazing in every way.